I love the rain. I realise how cliched and frequently employed that sentiment is, but I really do. For a long time, I could never explain to myself why, exactly, I just knew that it made me feel good to see it or to be outside in it. Of the various weather features, rain is unique in evoking consistently positive feelings in me. I don’t like heat, the sun, especially the thought of perspiring right after a nice, cool bath.The nuisance of feeling hot and sticky. Not to mention i've always got to have tissue prepared to dab those beads of perspiration.
Rain, in this matter, is a completely different thing. Sure, it can cause the occasional flood and drowning, but I've never been affected by such things.
There's something almost romantic about peering out of your window from the safety of a warm room, and seeing an urban landscape blanketed by a silent shower, something appealing about the effect that simple water drops have on us humans. We hate getting wet, so we scurry about, protected by our waterproof clothing and our fashionable umbrellas, almost as if we are not allowed to be outside when it's raining. Rain makes people miserable. The sky is (usually) grey and nobody likes being wet when they don't have a choice in the matter. Rain, the scourge of the urban masses, you are my friend.
When I look out my window and it's raining, I jump at the oppurtunity- to stay at home (yeah, I skipped school.) In peace and at total leisure the rain allows me to feel slow. :)
Rain, in this matter, is a completely different thing. Sure, it can cause the occasional flood and drowning, but I've never been affected by such things.
There's something almost romantic about peering out of your window from the safety of a warm room, and seeing an urban landscape blanketed by a silent shower, something appealing about the effect that simple water drops have on us humans. We hate getting wet, so we scurry about, protected by our waterproof clothing and our fashionable umbrellas, almost as if we are not allowed to be outside when it's raining. Rain makes people miserable. The sky is (usually) grey and nobody likes being wet when they don't have a choice in the matter. Rain, the scourge of the urban masses, you are my friend.
When I look out my window and it's raining, I jump at the oppurtunity- to stay at home (yeah, I skipped school.) In peace and at total leisure the rain allows me to feel slow. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home