Friday, August 26, 2005

I’ve been packing my room since the time I woke up, n packing always would include reorganising my cd collection. It’s part of the pleasure of packing…everytime I buy a cd I would then agn reorganise it… n its pretty much turned into a hobby in its own...

So to my dismay.. I lost my wilco cd. I am still upset up till this pt. All that’s left is e cover tt comes on top on the cd case. Boo. I love that cd. N I remember I haven even had e chance to tk e 2nd disk which was stuck behind e case out.

N then there r lil surprises of re-discovering the kings of convenience cd again. It’s a joy to listen no matter how many times I’ve heard it over n over agn. They were the ones who could make cayman islands sound so beautiful even before u’ve even seen it… the simple lyricism in their songs tt u cant help but tap ur feet n sway a lil. The stark honesty n sometimes despair in their seemingly down-tempo melodic tune... Its like the sadness tt comes with every happy story. Comforting yet aching at the same time.. its a man who has come to grips w his past n now looks back n see what he’s become…or perhaps e cd providess u a glimpse of it…A gentle provocation of the past. (Wahh.. so emo. Haha)

I’ve come to love every song…it’s like how they would sing in their song
“…but I can't stop listening to the sound/of two soft voices blended in perfection/ from the reels of this record that I've found...”

So when u hear the possibility of them coming to Spore to perform like I did.. u cant help but skip a lil… sing a lil...pray a lil…ha. I would equally love if mercury rev could come.. y dun all come la..huh. Perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home