Saturday, June 11, 2005

Has it ever annoyed u tt ppl call n e first qn they ask (most of e time, rudely) is, ‘Who r YOUUUU!?!’ Its gets progressively ruder w e use of different languages like Mandarin n of cos, hokkien. Really, u will never find yourself answering to a pleasant sounding ‘Who r youuuu….’kind and like me, I got this woman shouting across e line ‘NI SHI SHUI?!!?’ Usually, most of us, by this time would be jolted by this rudely unidentified phone call. (cos, we always expect it to be one of our frens callin). So with no time to react, I ended up mousily saying ‘errrr.... wrong number.’ Wat a lousy retort rite. I should have said, ‘u siao ah..call me n then ask who am i??’
And I can’t even rem if tt rude woman even apologised…

But tt aside, yeah, was listening to e glasto cd n e initial thing tt came up my mind e time I heard it was how well it was mixed. I’ll say it’s a rather gd mixed disk. Tho I always skip that 2nd last track fr Orbital n hence have violated the rules of listening to a cd or more than tt…a mixed disk. Ha. Yes. With all due respect to e person organising e tracks n acknowledging every effort and thought that goes into the process of selection and progression, I believe you have to stick through to that arrangement that you’ve originally found it in. so no shuffle buttons, no skip tracks as rigid as it seems. So every sec of tt listening experience is tribute to the thought process and deliberation of the artiste. just imagine they aren’t individual tracks…but an entire track by itself. That’s e magnificence of a good mixed disk/cd perhaps. And even more beautiful is knowing that within that entire succession are lil’ surging moments n downturns of its own in ‘individual’ tracks. Ok… it sounds rather obsessive.

Ha. But as I’ve just said, I violated e rules myself. Just about a while ago. It’s as painful as it gets..listening to 7.04 minutes of tt dance track. And for some reason I keep thinking tt dance tracks just repetitive in its nature. N worse they put it aft wilco.. so maybe this turns out to be gd confession tt purges the guilt of track-skipping a mixed disk I find reasonably gd. Haha.

So I am now listening to a full continuous long track of 61:37 mins that has no possible way of skipping to where e next song would be.. it’s just one long mp3 of

The Go! Team - The Power Is On
LCD Soundsystem - Tribulations
Elbow - Fallen Angel
Broken Social Scene - Stars and Sons
A.C. Newman - Most Of Us Prizefighters
Spoon - The Delicate Place
Interpol - Not Even Jail
The Arcade Fire - Wake Up
Beck - Missing
M. Ward - Hifi
Sly & the Family Stone - In Time
The Meters - Sing A Simple Song
rebirth brass band - New Orleans Music
sophrosyne - esplanade

heh.. somehow writing this entry reminds me of Rob Gordon n his obsessive ways of making mixed tapes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home